The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob called the people of Israel back to the land of their inheritance. Emerging in the midst of the re-gathered nation of Israel is a remnant of believers in Yeshua, the Messiah who have formed congregations around Israel. Kehilat HaCarmel is a community of Messianic believers located on Mt. Carmel in the city of Haifa, which is located in Northern Israel.
Kehilat HaCarmel began in 1991 under the leadership of David Davis, and just one year ago the senior leadership was passed on to Daniel and LuAnne Sayag. Their heart is to see the people of Israel and the nations come to know Jesus as Messiah, and everything they put their hands to leads to that. They are currently witnessing the gospel return to Israel, and seeing Jewish people come to know Jesus.
Most Jewish people that come to faith in Jesus are later rejected by their community, but now they are beginning to see a change. Even Daniel himself was thrown out of the house by his parents when he became a believer years ago, but today even they are coming to faith!
Kehilat HaCarmel, who gathers on Shabbat in their building located on top of Mount Carmel, has a vision to see the one new man in their midst. People from different nations come and worship God in their congregation. Even the worship team includes members from a different background. It’s a venue for Jews and Arabs to serve together, and also seek peace and love as they worship as one.
In the last several years, God has put on their hearts a desire and mandate to reach out and help women and people in need. They opened a distribution center and shelter for refugees from African nations including Darfur, Sudan, and Eriteria who entered Israel with nothing to live on hoping to find help. The leaders and members of Kehilat HaCarmel and the ministry centers feel privileged to have such an opportunity to provide them with a welcoming home and support and to tell them the truth about Jesus.
This community sees the power of God changing people’s lives and freeing them from addictions on a regular basis. This has begun to happen more and more as Kehilat HaCarmel puts the great commission to action by regularly taking the gospel to the streets and proclaiming “God loves you!” As they continue to pursue outreach in tangible ways, people experience healing and are invited to come to their congregation and hear more about the truth.
Pastor Daniel believes they have been placed by God to be part of this community and this role “for such a time as this.” In addition to their outreach, refugee, and addiction ministries, one of their goals is to establish 24-hour worship and prayer for the nations on Mount Carmel.
Ultimately, the community at Kehilat HaCarmel is committed to turning back to the simplicity of the gospel, and this can be seen through their commitment to share the truth of Jesus and His love to Israel and the nations through everything they do.
In the words of Pastor Daniel:
“Together we can stand and pray, our local community needs each other. When we connect according to God’s work, He will do amazing things.”
For more information, visit their website: http://carmelcongregation.org.il/
1. A great outpouring of the Holy Spirit which is manifested in all the gifts of the Spirit, in His perfect order.
2. An increase of salvations and healings.
3. An increase of Israeli tour guides bring unbelieving groups of Israelis to hear about our faith.
4. More young Israeli families being faithfully committed to the Lord and to being an active and vital part of our community.
5. An increase in groups who come to worship with us on Shabbat from all around the world.
6. Abundance in every good work that’s from God.
• Outpouring of the Holy Spirit within the Congregation
• New Salvations and healings
• Worship ministry
• Unbelievers on tour groups to know Jesus
• Increase in young families faithfully committed to the Lord and to community
• Visiting groups from the nations to join us on Shabbat
• Abundance in every good work